Adult Christian Education
Brookhaven UMC has a number of Christian education opportunities to help you grow in your spiritual life. We believe all Christians need the fellowship and support of small groups to grow in their faith and in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ. Check out our spiritual growth opportunities below!
Each week on Sunday morning, several classes are offered in a variety of formats. Try several out and see what works for you!
- Optimist Class: Weekly lecture format using Cokesbury's quarterly Adult Bible Study curriculum
- Good News Seminar: Lecture / Discussion class with each week being "self-contained" rather than an ongoing format
- Joining Up Class: Our young adult Sunday School class that studies Scripture in a small group discussion format.
- Finding Foundations: A small group lecture / discussion class.
- Seasonal Classes: Membership classes, Methodism 101, pastor's studies, and special group studies like our current pastor's study on the Book of Revelation
- ONGOING SUNDAY EVENING BIBLE STUDY ~ 6:00pm in the Library and ALL ARE INVITED. Scripture study will follow the United Methodist Church Lectionary that can be found via this link http://www.umcdiscipleship.org/worship/lectionary-calendar
- Women's Bible Study: Every other Wednesday at 6:00PM, we share a meal together and discuss various topics based around Scripture.
- Recovery Bible Study: Every Tuesday night at 7PM, Pastor Don and some of our laity who are in recovery lead discussion groups on how God and the Scripture speak to issues about recovery, using the Life Recovery Bible. Anyone in recovery is welcome to join us.